Zucchinis are in-season! If you’re not growing your own, or getting them from your neighbor’s garden, you can buy them at the grocery store a lot fresher with a lower price tag while they’re in season. If you’re running out of ways to use zucchini (although they’re simply delicious steamed on their own), try this zucchini pizza boat recipe!
- Vegan, Plant-Based
- Adult and Kid-Friendly
- High In Fiber
- Super Simple To Make
What You’ll Need For This Zucchini Pizza Boats Recipe
- Baking pan
- Pizza/Marinara sauce
- Vegan mozzarella (optional)
- Italian seasoning
- Any extra toppings you’d like (mushrooms, peppers, onions, black olives, etc.)
How To Make Zucchini Pizza Boats
First, preheat your oven to 375 º F.
Cut each zucchini into halves through the length.
Scrape out a bit from the center with a spoon to help the sauce and toppings stay on top.
Add 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce, a sprinkle of italian seasoning and some optional vegan cheese.
Then you may add extra toppings of choice on each zucchini pizza.
Bake them for 15-20 minutes.
Toppings Tip: If your vegetable toppings contain a large amount of water (like tomatoes or spinach) or are super firm, sauté them first until tender and most of the liquid has cooked out, then top your zucchini and bake.
Baking Time: The exact length of baking time vary (between 15-20 minutes) based upon the size of the zucchini and how thick you left the “walls” of the zucchini. You want the zucchini to be tender so that it’s pleasant to chew but not so mushy that it falls apart.
Zucchini Pizza Boats
- Baking pan
- 3 zucchinis
- 6 tbsp pizza/marinara sauce
- Vegan mozerella *optional*
- 1/4 tsp dried Oregano or italian seasoning
- Black olives
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced onion
- Vegan pepperoni
- Preheat the oven at 375 º F.
- Cut each zucchini into halves through the length.
- Scrape out a bit from the center with a spoon to make the sauce and toppings stay on top easier.
- Add 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce, a sprinkle of italian seasoning and some optional vegan cheese.
- Then add toppings of choice on each zucchini pizza.
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes.
How To Save Leftover Zucchini Pizza Boats
Zucchini Pizza Boats can be refrigerated for up to 4 days. Do not freeze these zucchini pizza boats!
How To Reheat Zucchini Pizza Boats
Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F, until the cheese is freshly melted and the boats are hot (about 5-6 minutes).